Thursday, January 7, 2010

So far...


Ohmygoodness! So much has happened since Michael proposed on Veteran's Day, November 11. Soon I'll post "The Story of Us" (to steal a phrase from a good friend), but in the mean time, I wanted to bring everyone up to date on the plans as they stand now.

We're getting married at 7 p.m. on June 19, 2010! The venue is the Chapel on the Creeks in Rogers (there is a small pond behind the chapel with a walking track around it; when I walked on the track, I admired the chapel, thinking it would be a lovely, picturesque location for a spring wedding, and wallah! Here we are). A reception will follow at the Holiday Inn, Rogers. For folks who want to book reservations, click here. We have a block of rooms, and this page is already set up. If want to call for reservations, the phone number is 1.479.845.1300. If you do call, make sure to mention our reception to get the reduced rate.

One of the main things we knew when we started planning the wedding was that we wanted Michael to wear his uniform (come on girls, guys in uniform, you know what I'm talking about!). So that made choosing colors much easier for this indecisive bride-to-be (it's still fun, exciting, and a bit-nervous-making to type that!). We decided to go with navy blue and white with natural accents of green. With that in mind, I created this inspiration board that I hope captions the feeling we want to create for our wedding. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment