Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Security Blanket

I've been waiting for the 2010 edition of Real Simple Weddings to come out since summer of 2009 (when I realized/decided I was going to marry Michael). Real Simple is a trusted and true go-to source for classic, accessible design. Their samples and advice will be timeless, so it's well-worth the $13.95 (and who knew Borders doesn't allow us to use the 33% off coupons on magazines? I mean, we LOVE Borders, so this puzzles me...)

So, when I pulled it off the shelf, I was pleased and excited that the cover featured a bouquet very similar to some of my favorite inspirations. I held it up to Michael and said, "Welcome to your wedding, honey!"
In addition to the cover, more of our ideas were included throughout the magazine. Now, I know I'm not trendy, but it's so reassuring for an indecisive rookie to know we're heading in the right direction. The below picture shows us how to maintain a color theme while still being flexible with our attendants. (Hmm, where have we seen this before? :-)

Browsing the pages, I was not disappointed. The magazine features some real weddings, with tips for DIY-ers out there on a budget. One featured wedding had a budget of around $9,000! Yes, it can be done! Other very helpful articles included Flowers at a Glance, a tutorial for us floral novices, and a Silhouette Glossary with recommendations for real body types, not just curvy and tall. Also, a pullout guide includes a planning calendar, registry essentials, budget worksheet, photographer shot list, and big day survival kit list, because, seriously, who can keep all of this stuff straight?

Now I sound like I'm writing a recommendation or an advertisement, but I just wanted to help out other brides-to-be who can't afford a wedding consultant!

Please let me know what inspires you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment